White Collar Defense & Investigations
JMBM's White Collar Defense & Investigations Group is keenly focused on our clients’ business objectives and is committed to minimizing the disruption, anxiety, and intense public scrutiny that can arise from criminal and civil litigation. The White Collar Defense & Investigations Group is a leader in the representation of corporations, boards of directors, management, and individuals in connection with a broad range of government investigations, enforcement actions, remediation and compliance, administrative proceedings, internal investigations and white collar criminal investigations and prosecutions.
JMBM’s White Collar Defense & Investigations Group is recognized as a Metropolitan Tier 1 practice in Los Angeles by U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms®.
- Accounting fraud
- Money Laundering and Bank Secrecy Act
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act/UK Bribery Act
- Antitrust and price fixing violations
- Bribery and official corruption allegations
- Cyber and e-commerce crimes
- Consumer crimes
- Economic espionage (trade secret misappropriation, employee theft, and unfair competition)
- Environmental violations and regulatory compliance
- False Claims Act
- Qui tam complaints
- Financial institution fraud
- California's Transparency In Supply Chains Act
- Forfeiture (civil and criminal)
- Government procurement fraud
- Health care fraud and abuse
- Anti-Kickback Statute and the Stark Law
- Campaign finance offenses
- Insurance fraud
- Mail and wire fraud
- Securities fraud, stock market manipulation, and insider trading
- Tax offenses
Our attorneys have significant experience in representing clients in matters relating to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and related laws such as the UK Bribery Act. Because these matters generally involve multiple international locations and regulators, we have developed strong working relationships with local counsel around the world who provide the local knowledge and relationships necessary for effective representation. Countries where we have recently handled FCPA and other investigations include: China (Shanghai, Guangzhou, Macao, and Hong Kong), India (Delhi, Mumbai, and Bengaluru), South Africa, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Korea, Mexico, Costa Rica, Russia, Singapore, the Middle East, and the Philippines.
The White Collar Defense & Investigations Group provides a wide variety of services, including:
- All aspects of pre-indictment representation, including grand jury investigations
- Corporate internal investigations
- Compliance reviews (including policies/procedures and training)
- Media crisis management
- Representation in federal and state criminal and civil trials
- Regulatory and administrative defense
- Parallel proceedings
- Criminal appeals
We are experienced in representing our clients in Grand Jury, SEC, FINRA, NYSE, NFA, CFTC, AAA, JAMS, ADR Services, Special Master, MTA, Special Committee, and state and federal judicial proceedings and trials.
Public Relations Management
The JMBM White Collar Defense & Investigations Group draws on the experience of some of the country's finest attorneys, including seasoned trial lawyers with expertise in dissuading the government from filing criminal charges or initiating other enforcement actions. Because our team includes former federal prosecutors with significant trial and appellate experience as well as a former President of the Los Angeles Board of Police Commissioners (LAPD), our clients have the benefit of knowledge gained from careers spent working both sides of corporate investigations. In cases without reasonable dispute resolution, our Group's accomplished criminal and civil trial counsel zealously defend their clients.