Beer, Wine & Spirits
The Beer, Wine & Spirits Group at Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP (JMBM) represents producers, distributors and suppliers of wine, beer and spirits in all phases of strategic transactions, including financing, acquisitions and sales, brand protection, and entry into the United States by offshore brand owners.
Our clients include high profile distillers of spirits, well-known specialty craft brewers and award-winning vintners. We represent distributors that are the exclusive U.S. importers of name-brand spirits produced around the globe, as well as knowledgeable investors involved in the purchase and sale of unique beverage alcohol assets.
Our attorneys have represented the beer, wine & spirits industries for decades and are knowledgeable and experienced in the full range of legal needs of beverage alcohol companies including:
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Capital raises
- Import, export and distribution agreements
- Acquisition and sale of facilities
- Brand protection, including trademark, copyright, unfair business practices, patent, domain names and other intellectual property issues
- Advertising and marketing, product placement, promotions and sweepstakes, consumer protection
- Franchise laws and distributor relations
- Trade practices, shipping and transportation, customs
- Regulatory compliance and licensing
- Government relations and administrative representation
- Land use, environmental law, California Proposition 65
- Labor & employment law
- Restructuring, bankruptcy, workouts
We provide our clients with knowledgeable counsel, rigorous advocacy and practical solutions that come from decades of experience in representing the industry.