Beer, Wine & Spirits
The Beer, Wine & Spirits Group at Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP (JMBM) represents producers, distributors and suppliers of wine, beer and spirits in all phases of strategic transactions, including financing, acquisitions and sales, and brand protection.
Our clients include high profile distillers of spirits, specialty craft brewers, award-winning vintners and wine growers.
Our representation in this area includes the following:
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Capital raises
- Financing, including loans and leasing
- Distribution agreements
- Acquisition and sale of facilities and vineyards
- Brand protection, including trademark, copyright, unfair business practices, domain names and other intellectual property issues
- Land use, environmental law, California Proposition 65
- Labor & employment law
- Restructuring, bankruptcy, workouts, and receiverships
- Dispute resolution between foreign brands and distributors
We provide our clients with knowledgeable counsel, rigorous advocacy and practical solutions that come from decades of experience.