Aerospace & Defense
Getting Results Through Comprehensive Experience Services for the Aerospace & Defense Industry
Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP (JMBM) provides a full range of legal services to the aerospace and defense industries. We have represented Fortune 100 defense contractors, well-known engineering firms, manufacturing companies, contractors, subcontractors and technology companies.
Our services include:
- Regulatory relations advice concerning various matters
- Corporate transactions: acquisitions, dispositions, restructurings, refinancings, and debt and equity finance
- Litigation: commercial contracts and toxic tort
- Real estate, land use and environmental: counseling, transactions and litigation
- Restructuring, bankruptcy, workouts
- Intellectual property including patent and trade secrets advice and litigation
- Labor and employment: counseling and litigation including trade secrets and unfair competition
- We provide litigation, corporate, regulatory relations and financing to a family of companies involved in such matters as sophisticated camera and optical systems for the Department of Defense and in PMA production for jet aircraft engines.
- We served as lead transaction counsel in the sale of Magparts stock to a strategic buyer backed by a private equity group.
- JMBM represented Directed Perceptions in its sale to FLIR Systems Inc.
- We provide corporate and tax services for a major manufacturer and distributor of replacement parts for engines, turbines and propellers.
- We provided corporate, financing, regulatory advice and litigation services for a small, woman-owned enterprise competitively producing aerospace parts for the Department of Defense.
- We represented a well-known aircraft charter, FBO and aircraft management company in litigation, corporate matters, regulatory relations and financing.
- We act as outside general counsel for a significant subcontractor.
- We represented Intraspace in several litigation matters including a breach of contract action in which the defendant failed to pay milestone payments upon termination of a satellite manufacturing contract due under a termination for convenience clause. At the conclusion of the 6-month arbitration, Intraspace was awarded $16.7 million, which was later confirmed by the Court in a judgment against the defendant.
- We also represented Intraspace in a case against Lockheed Martin for intentional interference with contractual relationships in which Lockheed had Intraspace's contract to build four direct broadcast satellites terminated so that it could give the contract to its own subsidiary. After proving that Intraspace had the ability to manufacture the satellites, the jury found that Lockheed had interfered with the contract and awarded Intraspace $8.5 million in damages.
- For numerous sites where alleged contamination has taken place, we represented aerospace contractors and job shops in environmental remediation and litigation.
- For an aerospace corporation, we represented the company in connection with the renegotiation of a $100 million revolving credit line and associated disputes involving certain claimed defaults and damages.
- We served as counsel to Arnold Engineering, a manufacturer of defense articles and a government subcontractor, in connection with its recapitalization by a national private equity fund.
- We advised a supplier of aerospace products with respect to equity restructuring.
- We provided patent and trades secret advice to a large aerospace company.
- We represent numerous California aerospace and military subcontractors in all labor & employment matters, including unfair competition and misappropriation of trade secrets litigation.
- We provide labor and employment litigation services to a Fortune 100 aerospace company. We have represented the same company in numerous industrial lease transactions.
- We represent a number of defense contractors and subcontractors in the full range of labor and employment issues, including litigation defense.