Hotel Law Blog
- Why retail centers are adding hotels to the mix
- Tax Alert: Foreign Entity Ownership Compliance – Don't Ignore the Repatriation Tax
- Hotel Lawyer: Brand franchise owners ask "What happened to my Area of Protection?"
- Jim Butler Hosts Senior Chinese Government Officials
- Hotel Lawyer project development update: SLS Resort Residence & Marina Hallandale Beach
Patent Law Blog
- District Order Issues Sanctions Deeming Defendant's Summary Of Infringing Sales Established As True Where Defendant Failed to Comply With Multiple Court Orders
- District Court Excludes Opinion Of Damage Expert On Licenses That Were Not Economically Comparable
- Qualcomm v. Apple: District Court Excludes Apple's Experts' Testimony Where Relied Upon Licenses Were Not Technologically Comparable
- Motion to Disqualify Based on Joint Defense Agreement Denied Where Agreement Did Not Create Implied Attorney-Client Relationship
- Virtual Patent Marking: Does It Work? One District Court Says It Might
Cybersecurity Lawyer Forum
- Illinois Expands Protection of Biometric Information – Who's Next? Opening the gates to expensive class actions and "sue and settle" lawsuits
- Cybersecurity Predictions for 2019
- Why is data security so hard in the hospitality industry? What can be done about it?
- Data Breaches and Cybersecurity: What the hospitality industry can learn from the Marriott breach
- Cyber Risk and Internal Accounting Controls: How Should Boards Respond?
Investment Law Blog
- Opportunity Zones and U.S. Hotel Development
- Catherine DeBono Holmes recognized by EB5 Investors Magazine as a "Top 15 Corporate Attorney" for the second year
- Proposed IRS Regulations Offer More Potential Uses of Opportunity Zone Funds for Real Estate Development
- How Real Estate Developers Can Use Opportunity Zone Funds to Finance New Real Estate Projects
- Webinar: "How can EB-5 issuers make the most of the Opportunity Zone program?"
Natural Resources & Mining Law Blog
- Environmental and Land Use Lawyer Martin Stratte Joins JMBM's Natural Resources and Mining Group
- The DOI's Review of National Monuments – What it means to the mining industry
- Important news for mining companies with existing or future projects in the California desert
- California Mining Update — AB 1142 and SB 209: What operators need to know about SMARA modernization
- California Mining Update — AB 1142 and SB 209: What lead agencies need to know about SMARA Modernization
California Land Use Blog
- California Appeals Court Upholds Legislative Workaround that Mooted CEQA Suit Targeting Development Project in Los Angeles
- JMBM's Land Use & Zoning Practice Ranked as Metropolitan Tier 1 "Best Law Firm" in 2019 by U.S. News & World Report
- New California Prop 65 Warnings Required by August 30, 2018 – Is your business ready?
- JMBM Government, Land Use and Environmental Lawyers Selected for Inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America® Guide
- State Agencies Cannot Use State Budgetary Uncertainties to Escape Mitigation Obligations under CEQA