Hotel Law Blog
- U.S. News & World Report – Best Law Firms® Recognizes JMBM as 2019 "Best Law Firm"
- Labor & Employment Update: California hotel owners must provide human trafficking awareness training
- California Law Firm Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP Announces Formation of Legal Cannabis Group
- JMBM Hotel Lawyer Guy Maisnik Speaks on Private Equity at the 2018 Lodging Conference
- Take 5 steps NOW to avoid trouble with California's new privacy act
Patent Law Blog
- JMBM Ranked as Metropolitan Tier 1 "Best Law Firm" in 2019 by U.S. News & World Report for Patent Litigation
- Karl Storz v. Sryker: District Court Strikes Infringement Expert Who Provided No Analysis of Infringement
- District Court Grants Preliminary Injunction Requiring Defendant to Stop Inter Partes Review at Patent Office Because of Forum Selection Clause
- Ericsson v. TCL: District Court Tosses Out Damage Theory Based on Improper Use of Survey
- Administrative Law Judge at ITC Denies Motion to Compel Non-Parties to Produce Compilations of Prior Art on Grounds that such Compilations Constitute Work Product
Cybersecurity Lawyer Forum
- Cyber Risk and Internal Accounting Controls: How Should Boards Respond?
- Cyber Resiliency: Designing for Disaster
- Lessons From the Record-Setting Uber Data Breach Settlement
- Webinar: Data protection and information security in EU, India and California – what next?
- California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 – How You Can Prepare
Investment Law Blog
- Proposed IRS Regulations Offer More Potential Uses of Opportunity Zone Funds for Real Estate Development
- How Real Estate Developers Can Use Opportunity Zone Funds to Finance New Real Estate Projects
- Webinar: "How can EB-5 issuers make the most of the Opportunity Zone program?"
- Catherine DeBono Holmes Recognized in EB5 Investors Magazine's List of "Top 15 Corporate Attorneys"
- Fiduciary Duties of General Partners and Managers in Connection with Redeployment of EB-5 Capital
Natural Resources & Mining Law Blog
- Environmental and Land Use Lawyer Martin Stratte Joins JMBM's Natural Resources and Mining Group
- The DOI's Review of National Monuments – What it means to the mining industry
- Important news for mining companies with existing or future projects in the California desert
- California Mining Update — AB 1142 and SB 209: What operators need to know about SMARA modernization
- California Mining Update — AB 1142 and SB 209: What lead agencies need to know about SMARA Modernization
California Land Use Blog
- California Appeals Court Upholds Legislative Workaround that Mooted CEQA Suit Targeting Development Project in Los Angeles
- JMBM's Land Use & Zoning Practice Ranked as Metropolitan Tier 1 "Best Law Firm" in 2019 by U.S. News & World Report
- New California Prop 65 Warnings Required by August 30, 2018 – Is your business ready?
- JMBM Government, Land Use and Environmental Lawyers Selected for Inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America® Guide
- State Agencies Cannot Use State Budgetary Uncertainties to Escape Mitigation Obligations under CEQA