Companies that develop products and services employing artificial intelligence (AI) – as well as those that use AI technologies in their businesses – face unique opportunities and challenges. While the application of AI is evolving daily, the regulatory environment has not kept pace with this explosive growth.
Whether you require assistance with securing patents, financing and licensing to grow your AI business, or you need to manage the risks and potential liabilities presented by the use of AI in your business, JMBM's attorneys can help. Our firm offers a comprehensive approach, and provides counsel in the following areas:
- Intellectual property, including patents, trademarks, licensing and litigation
- Data privacy and cybersecurity
- Financings, venture capital, mergers & acquisitions, public financings and private placements
- Technology transactions, strategic partnerships, licensing, commercial and distribution agreements
- Litigation including patent infringement, products liability, trade secrets
- Risk assessment in contracts and torts related to AI
- Labor and employment, trade secrets, compliance
- Regulatory compliance and ethics
We have dealt with AI platforms including those used in health solutions and medical devices; data analytics, predictive analytics and machine learning; augmented and virtual reality; blockchain and finance technologies, among others.
JMBM's attorneys have deep experience in many of the business sectors where the development and use of AI is pervasive including healthcare, finance, technology companies, consumer products, hospitality, retail, industrial products, aerospace, transportation and media.
The development and use of AI is a dynamic global phenomenon, and JMBM's team of lawyers are dedicated to assisting AI businesses in seizing opportunities for growth, as well as protecting businesses from the inherent risks and liabilities posed by the use of AI.