Jay T. Thompson has extensive experience representing private companies, business owners, family offices and investors in mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital transactions and private securities offerings.
Jay serves as general counsel to many of his clients, their management and board of directors, helping to shape and execute their business strategies, facilitate growth and liquidity, as well as to advise them on day-to-day legal and other strategic issues. He is known for his practical approach to business issues.Representative Clients and Matters
- El Monte RV in connection with the sale of the company to Tourism Holdings Ltd
- The Shareholders of Nationwide Security and Building Services, Inc. in the sale of the company to private equity-backed facilities maintenance company CI MHE Corporation
- Crown Industries, LLC in the sale of its assets to a private equity-backed plumbing supply company Plumbing Supply Distribution, Inc.
- The Shareholders of Bionic Pet Products in connection with the sale of the company to private equity backed Outward Hound
- LSI Products, Inc. and Armor Holdings, LLC in connection with the sale of certain assets to Polaris Sales, Inc.
- New York based printing and marketing company in connection with the acquisition of a California based competitor
- The shareholder of a medical coding and billing compliance company in connection with the sale of the company to a Midwestern competitor
- Micro-Brewer in connection with its initial capital raise
- The owners of a manufacturer of premium gourmet jerky products in connection with the sale of the company to The Hillshire Brands Company
- The owner of a multi-state barbeque style restaurant franchise in connection with the sale of the company to a private investor group
- Offender supervision services company in connection with acquiring the assets of a Canadian manufacturer of offender monitoring equipment as well as the U.S. division of a public corporation that provided monitoring services in the United States
J.D., University of San Diego School of Law
B.A., University of California Riverside
U.S. District Court, Central District of California
U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
Board Member, Orange County Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth