Jay T. Thompson has extensive experience representing private companies, business owners, family offices and investors in mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital transactions and private securities offerings. Jay also represents health care providers, including physician and other professional groups, diagnostic imaging centers, clinical laboratories, and ambulatory surgery centers.
Jay serves as general counsel to many of his clients, their management and board of directors, helping to shape and execute their business strategies, facilitate growth and liquidity, as well as to advise them on day-to-day legal and other strategic issues. He is known for his practical approach to business issues.Representative Clients and Matters
- West Coast Commercial Roofing Company in connection with the sale of the company to a Chicago based PE fund.
- SG Homecare in connection with the sale of the company to Sverica Capital Management, a San Francisco based PE fund.
- Reproductive Health and Wellness Center ("RHWC") in connection with the sale of the company to Global Premier Fertility LLC
- The owners of a hospital system in the sale of twelve ambulatory surgery centers to a private investment group
- El Monte RV in connection with the sale of the company to Tourism Holdings Ltd
- The shareholder of a medical coding and billing compliance company in connection with the sale of the company to a Midwestern competitor
- The Shareholders of Nationwide Security and Building Services, Inc. in the sale of the company to private equity-backed facilities maintenance company CI MHE Corporation
- The Shareholders of Bionic Pet Products in connection with the sale of the company to private equity backed Outward Hound
- LSI Products, Inc. and Armor Holdings, LLC in connection with the sale of certain assets to Polaris Sales, Inc.
- New York based printing and marketing company in connection with the acquisition of a California based competitor
- The owners of a manufacturer of premium gourmet jerky products in connection with the sale of the company to The Hillshire Brands Company
J.D., University of San Diego School of Law
B.A., University of California Riverside
U.S. District Court, Central District of California
U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
Board Member, Orange County Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth