Energy companies contend with a myriad of issues unique to the industry – from government and regulatory issues to special financing and property issues.
Having represented the interests of energy producers, distributors and lessors for decades, JMBM’s attorneys are experienced in matters pertaining to oil, gas, geothermal, natural gas, pipeline development, power plants, power marketing, and energy investment. In addition, the Firm's attorneys have negotiated a wide range of business and finance transactions, have experience before the full spectrum of government and regulatory agencies, and have served as trusted counsel in litigation matters.
JMBM's Renewable & Alternative Energy / Climate Change Group provides transactional and litigation services to the industries, businesses, investors and entrepreneurs that are developing products and services that promote the efficient use of energy. We also serve the needs of existing industries and businesses to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and become more energy efficient.
JMBM's Energy Group is experienced in the following areas:
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) receiving and storage facilities
- Land use and environmental issues
- Geothermal leasing and project development
- Siting, permitting and closing facilities
- Air, water and soil issues
- Acquisition and disposition of properties
- Pipeline transactions and transmission tariffs
- Transportation and distribution issues
- Mergers and joint ventures
- Financing, including stock offerings and roll ups of partnerships
- Project finance including leveraged and synthetic leases
- Operating agreements
- Leasing, production and exploration
- Lessor/lessee disputes
- Real property, extraction and mineral rights
- Domestic and foreign development
- Public utility and competition law
- Sales and syndications of assets and commodities
- International trade disputes
- Patent applications, licensing, validity and infringement studies
- Representation before various agencies and regulatory bodies such as FERC, DOE, CPUC and other utility commissions
- Counseling and advocacy related to Climate Change issues, including compliance with California AB32 and SB375
- Selected Land Use Litigation Cases JMBM's Government, Land Use, Environment & Energy (GLUEE) lawyers represent a wide range of industries, businesses, trade groups and individuals at every level of government, particularly throughout the state of California. Our particular strength is handling all permitting and compliance issues for clients seeking to locate and develop new sites, relocate or expand operations. When […]
- Selected Development Projects and Clients JMBM's Government, Land Use, Environment & Energy (GLUEE) lawyers represent a wide range of industries, businesses, trade groups and individuals at every level of government, particularly throughout the state of California. Our particular strength is handling all permitting and compliance issues for clients seeking to locate and develop new sites, relocate or expand operations. Projects […]
- JMBM represented the developers of energy, chemical and telecommunications projects in both in the United States and abroad The Firm represented developers of energy, chemical and telecommunications projects in China, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Nepal, Russia, Tunisia, Trinidad & Tobago, Vietnam, the United Kingdom and the United States regarding project transactions and structuring.
- JMBM represented a client in the development of a wind energy facility in California The Firm assisted a client with the development of a wind energy facility in California's Coachella Valley.
- JMBM got the required permits and emission reduction credits for several power generating facilities JMBM attorneys secured the required permits and emission reduction credits (ERCs), including air quality permits and CEC approvals, for several power generating facilities.