Marianne S. Martin is a Commercial and Corporate Finance partner in JMBM's Corporate practice.
Having executed financing transactions of collectively well over $500 million over the past two years, and having been engaged in restructuring and financing transactions of collectively well over $1.5 billion throughout her career, Marianne is known as an attorney who can really "cut to the chase" in complicated situations. Her niche practice includes private equity and alternative lending, distressed and specialty financing, private credit, syndicated and acquisition financing and real estate financing, for both borrowers and lenders.
Known for her ability to bring all constituents to the table to get deals done and in finding and developing critical leverage points in difficult and bespoke scenarios, Marianne's experience includes advising clients on a variety of commercial financing, acquisition financing and restructuring matters. Her clients frequently include private equity funds, independent sponsors, family offices, public and private companies, financial institutions and banks and private credit/alternative lenders. Her industry specialties include technology/media and entertainment, healthcare, hospitality, consumer products, industrials and financial services. Marianne frequently represents borrower and lender clients in complex commercial finance transactions, including senior and subordinated credit facilities, syndicated facilities, acquisition financing, real-estate backed financing and secured and unsecured bilateral credits. Additionally, she frequently represents borrowers, owners and lenders in workouts and other distressed and situations, including Article 9 foreclosures and opportunistic bankruptcy sale acquisitions.
- Representing borrower and lender clients in complex commercial finance transactions, including senior and subordinated credit facilities, syndicated facilities, subscription lines, acquisition financing and secured and unsecured bilateral credits.
- Representing borrower and lender clients in a multitude of collateral situations, including ABL, real estate backed financing and bespoke collateral situations.
- Representing private credit and alternative lenders in opportunistic and specialty finance transactions.
- Representing lenders into distressed and special situation opportunity credits, Article 9 foreclosures and foreclosure sales and opportunistic acquisitions.
- Representing creditors in mid-market and mega bankruptcy cases, and representing stalking horse and over-bidders in bankruptcy sales.
- Representing multiple constituents in California ABCs, Article 9 foreclosures, out-of-court restructuring and workout/turnaround situations and restructurings.
- Represented a commercial borrower in a $171 million syndicated financing.
- Represented multiple borrowers in an aggregate $43 million facility secured on industrial collateral.
- Represented a bank lender in a $20 million bilateral revolver facility secured on foreign securities.
- Represented borrower in $60 million syndicated facility.
- Represented borrower a $13 million accounts factoring facility.
- Represented key constituents in the Enron Corp., Lehman Brothers, The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company, Inc., Verity Health System of California, Inc. and the City of San Bernardino, California bankruptcy cases.
J.D., Brooklyn Law School
Zaretsky Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Fellow
B.S., Boston University
magna cum laude
State Bar of New York
Central District of California
Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California
Southern District of New York
Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of New York
Association for Corporate Growth
KAYO Conference Series: KAYO Women's Credit & Debt Finance Summits and Private Equity Summit
Board of Trustees, 2016-2018, Turnaround Management Association
American Bankruptcy Institute
- Recognized as one of The Best Lawyers in America® for 2023 and 2024
- Featured in the Daily Journal’s 2022 “Top Women Lawyers” list
- Recognized as a 2022 Banking and Finance Visionary in the Los Angeles Times magazine
- Featured in the Los Angeles Business Journal’s 2022 “Women of Influence: Attorneys” list
- Recognized as a 2022 Legal Visionary by the Los Angeles Times in the Business of Law magazine
- Nominee for the Los Angeles Business Journal’s 2022 Women’s Leadership Awards, “Woman to Watch”