Jeff Myers is a partner in JMBM's Real Estate Department and Global Hospitality Group®. His practice focuses on the development, financing, acquisition, and operation of hotels, resorts and other hospitality properties both nationwide and internationally.
His clients include developers, capital providers, commercial lessors, and tenants. He is experienced in representing a full range of hospitality projects including hotels, resorts, casinos, restaurants, condo hotels, and mixed-use properties.
Jeff assists his clients in negotiating management, franchise, licensing, and branding agreements. He also represents his clients in negotiating Product Improvement plans (PIPs), subordination and non-disturbance agreements (SNDAs), marketing and sales agreements, restaurant leases and celebrity chef agreements, and consulting agreements.
- Representing Canyon Equity in the negotiation of a series of agreements for the development, management and licensing of a to-be-developed, ultra-luxury resort and spa in the Papagayo Peninsula region of Costa Rica.
- Representing Carey Watermark Investors Inc., one of the largest hospitality REITs in the country, from its inception through the acquisition, financing and management of its initial portfolio of hotel assets valued over $1 billion.
- Represented Makar Properties, LLC in the acquisition, development and repositioning of boutique hotels in Arizona and Laguna Beach, California.
- Representing Forward Artists, the premiere beauty and styling industry management company, in connection with the negotiation of a joint venture with R+M to form Forward Style.
- Representing the Grifka Group in the negotiation of various agreements for the development and management of the Palihouse Culver City hotel.
- Representing a boutique hotel and nightclub operator in the negotiation of a series of agreements for the licensing and management of the food and beverage platform for a to-be-developed hotel project in downtown Los Angeles.
- Representing a major institutional developer in connection with the negotiation of lease, joint venture, and management agreements for the ownership and operation of multiple restaurant outlets with the world’s premiere chef and restaurateur for the Hudson Yards project in New York, NY.
- Representing Baha Mar in connection with the management and operating agreements for certain hotel and casino components of an approximately $2.6 billion mixed use destination resort located in the Bahamas.
- Representing Dubai World in connection with its joint venture with MGM Mirage and the development of Las Vegas CityCenter, the largest privately-funded mixed use development in U.S. history, including all casino and gaming-related corporate structuring and licensing (domestic and international) and assisting in the negotiation of management and development agreements for each of the hotel and casino components.
- Representing international celebrity hair stylist in connection with the negotiation of a lease and development of a new hair salon project within a one-of-a-kind mixed use and retail project located in Los Angeles, CA.
- Representing a UK-based institutional property fund in the negotiation of a hotel management agreement for a 270-room luxury hotel in London’s Kings Cross district.
- Representing an international financial institutional in the negotiation of management agreements and ancillary operating agreements in connection with the Chapter 11 reorganization of Station Casinos.
- Representing an LA-based owner and operator in the negotiation of acquisitions, management contracts and joint venture agreements for various luxury and boutique hotels and resorts located in Beverly Hills, CA; Hollywood, CA; Las Vegas, NV; and Miami Beach, FL.
J.D., Brooklyn Law School
B.S., Pennsylvania State University
New York State Bar
American Bar Association