David Sudeck is a senior member of JMBM's Global Hospitality Group® and JMBM's real estate department. His practice primarily involves the complex issues associated with hotels, resorts, vacation ownership properties (including shared ownership, destination clubs, timeshares, fractionals and private residence clubs), restaurants (including chef consulting agreements), golf courses and spas.
A seasoned real estate attorney, David has extensive legal experience involving all types of residential and commercial properties. He represents owners – including hospitality clients – in the purchase and sale, development, construction, financing, leasing, and sale-leaseback of properties, and advises them on their operations and management agreements, including hotel management agreements.
David has significant experience in real estate finance and represents several financial institutions as special counsel relating to their hospitality interests. He also advises developers in the use of EB-5 financing as part of the capital stack for new development.
Additionally, David has expertise in the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) and counsels real estate owners, tenants and management companies with respect to ADA compliance, policies and procedures.
David has a pragmatic approach to practicing law, and he adds value through his business experience and legal expertise, his finance, entitlement and development knowledge, and his extensive relationships with investors, lenders, brokers, developers, and service providers.Representative Transactions
- Enhanced Note Sale™ involving full-service hotels on behalf of Richfield Hospitality
- Hotel purchase and sale, management agreements and franchise agreements for a number of private equity firms
- ADA compliance policies and procedures for third party hotel management companies, multi-family management companies, national banks and timeshare developers
- Debt restructurings for borrowers, including numerous members of AAHOA
- EB-5 financing structuring, including for the W Hollywood Hotel
- Lender's counsel in connection with loans involving complex hospitality assets, including for HSBC, Wells Fargo, East West Bank, and Los Angeles National Bank
- Club formation and registration/exemption for national RV resort developer and operator
- Timeshare formation and multi-state registration for nation's largest timeshare developer
- Private residence club formation and registration, including Phase 2 of the Franz Klammer Lodge in Mountain Village/Telluride, Colorado
- Condominium and timeshare formation for several luxury Mexican resorts
- Sale-leaseback transaction involving multi-state industrial properties
MRED, University of Southern California, 2003
J.D., UCLA School of Law, 1996
Order of the Coif
B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1993
magna cum laude
Senior and Young Leadership Executive Committees, Jewish Federation, Real Estate & Construction Division
Cabinet Member & Member
Jewish Federation, Young Leadership Development Institute, 2007-2008
Member Since: 2007-2008
USC Lusk Real Estate Alumni and Friends
American Resort Development Association (ARDA)
- Recognized as a Southern California Super Lawyer 2014-2019
- EB-5 Financing for Development — Update on EB-5 Extension 04 May 2017 Click here for the latest articles on EB-5 Financing. We are getting a lot of calls from our developer clients and friends asking about
- JMBM's Global Hospitality Group® announces EB-5 financing and closing of two recent deals for Great Wolf Resorts and Wurzak Hotel Group 7 October 2016 Click here for the latest articles on EB-5 Financing. Los Angeles—The Global Hospitality Group® of Jeffer Mangels Butler
Alice spoke with David Sudeck, a senior partner in the JMBM Global Hospitality Group®, as part of our video interview series on hotel finance and investment opportunities in 2015.
Elizabeth spoke with David Sudeck, a senior partner in the JMBM Global Hospitality Group®, as part of our video interview series on hotel finance and investment opportunities in 2015.