Caleb Gilbert is an associate in the Real Estate Department and member of JMBM's Global Hospitality Group® and JMBM's Luxury Home Group®. His practice includes all areas of real estate and involves the complex issues associated with hotels, resorts, multi-family, single-family and commercial buildings. Caleb advises clients with both a practical business and legal focus, representing individuals, investors, developers, lenders, private equity firms, REITs, and family offices in all aspects of real estate and hotel investment and development. He represents high net worth individuals in residential real estate matters, and represents owners – including hospitality clients – in the purchase and sale, development, construction, financing, leasing, and sale-leaseback of properties. Caleb advises hospitality clients on franchising, and on their operations and management agreements.
Caleb has a pragmatic approach to practicing law, focusing on the needs of his clients to get the deal done. His practice is equally domestic and foreign, where Caleb advises clients throughout California, the United States and the world.
Caleb received his law degree from the University of California, Davis School of Law and his Master of Laws (L.L.M.) degree in Taxation from Georgetown University Law Center. He received his Masters (M.S.) degree from the University of Oxford and graduated with Phi Beta Kappa honors from the University of California, Davis.
Prior to joining the firm, Caleb was a Tax Consultant for Deloitte Tax, LLP, specializing in Tax Controversy. Caleb previously worked for the Central Intelligence Agency as an Intelligence Analyst, including an assignment to the National Counterterrorism Center.
- Counsel for the purchase and sale of multiple hotel properties throughout the United States ranging in value from $8,000,000 to nearly $200,000,000.
- Represents clients on the acquisition and sale of some of the most expensive homes in America ranging from $5,000,000 to nearly $100,000,000.
- Numerous office, retail and residential leasing transactions.
- Represents individuals, public companies and multinational organizations in multi-million dollar foreign and domestic construction projects.
- Commercial real estate acquisitions and dispositions throughout the United States and internationally ranging in value from $5,000,000 to in excess of $100,000,000.
- Hotel purchase and sale agreements, management agreements and franchise agreements for investors, family offices and private equity firms.
- Counsel on the acquisition, development and construction of major hotel projects in Los Angeles and throughout the United States.
- Represents clients across the entire spectrum of wealth on a myriad of real estate and planning matters.