Taxation, Trust & Estates Associate
Litigation Docketing Specialist
Taxation, Trust & Estates Associate (Los Angeles)
JMBM seeks an outstanding junior tax, trusts and estates associate to join the Taxation, Trust & Estates department of our Century City office. The successful candidate will have 1-3 years of law firm experience concentrated in taxation. The candidate should have experience structuring corporate and partnership transactions, in addition to drafting tax provisions within the transaction documents. Experience or academic background in the estate planning and tax-exempt organization practice areas is desirable, as the successful candidate must balance concurrent, ongoing matters in tax, estate planning and tax-exempt organizations. Strong academic credentials and admission to the California Bar are required. An LL.M. in tax is preferred. JMBM’s tax, trust and estates practice is among the largest in Los Angeles. We pride ourselves on the strength of our practice as one of the core practices of the Firm. It is not a “service” practice as at other firms. For example, our practice led to representing a client that resulted in JMBM obtaining the largest patent verdict on record. Our Firm offers a unique combination of advising a highly sophisticated clientele in a collegial and rewarding environment.
There are no paralegal openings at this time.
Litigation Docketing Specialist
The Technology Trainer is responsible for the design, development and delivery of training on the firm's business & desktop applications. The Trainer will work closely with Technology, Human Resources and Professional Development team members to maintain and customize JMBM's core application set; develop documentation technical tip sheets and training curriculum.
- Strong working knowledge of CompuLaw
- 5 years of docketing experience
- Knowledge of the TTAB preferred but not essential
- Litigation docketing for LA, OC & SF offices
- Run weekly Master Calendars for all attorneys
- Run Client/Matter, event/date specific, timekeeper trial & various reports
- Update Rule Sets thru CompuLaw
- Add, Extract, and update attorney's profiles on the CompuLaw server
- Create New Client/Matter records in Compulaw
- Make adjustments or changes to the look of the Firm's Outlook as it relates to Compulaw
- Design Report templates
- Manage the firm's Trial Retainer Memos and Reports
- Train assistants, attorneys on CompuLaw for "view only" access
- Ready to answer inquiries from attorneys, paralegals and assistants in reference to authority based (rule sets/law) questions and in-depth reasoning for generated dates
- Research rules
- Check & confirm dates by using all court websites
NOTICE TO SEARCH FIRMS: Upon receipt of submissions, JMBM's fee agreement with search firms shall be provided to recruiting firms for review and approval prior to extending invitations for candidate interviews. If search firms have a candidate that does not fit any Current Opening, please e-mail a descriptive profile of the candidate without identifying the candidate's name or contact information. We will review such submittals to determine if JMBM has an interest in scheduling interviews. Thank you for your recruiting efforts on behalf of JMBM.