Estate Planning Paralegal/Mid Level
- Prepare all types of basic estate planning documents such as will, trusts, Powers of Attorney, Health Care Directives
- Prepare all types of transfer documents such as deeds, assignments, etc.
- Communicate with clients and professionals as needed.
- Billable hours target of 1,400-1,500 hours annually.
- Familiarity with Insurance Trusts and fictitious trusts is desirable
- Trust Administration including County Assessor filings, statutory notice, and creation of sub trusts, allocation of assets and transfers to trusts.
- Must have familiarity with federal gift and estate issues.
- Thorough understanding of Form 706 and 709.
- Completion of an ABA-accredited paralegal certification program (or the reasonable equivalent) required.
- Proficiency in Word and Outlook required.
- Prior estate planning paralegal experience of three years or more strongly preferred.
- Prior paralegal experience in a law firm strongly required.
- Notary a plus.
NOTICE TO SEARCH FIRMS: Upon receipt of submissions, JMBM's fee agreement with search firms shall be provided to recruiting firms for review and approval prior to extending invitations for candidate interviews. If search firms have a candidate that does not fit any Current Opening, please e-mail a descriptive profile of the candidate without identifying the candidate's name or contact information. We will review such submittals to determine if JMBM has an interest in scheduling interviews. Thank you for your recruiting efforts on behalf of JMBM.