Environmental/Land Use Associate, San Francisco
Trust and Estate Paralegal, Los Angeles
Senior Network Engineer, Los Angeles
Applications Engineer, Los Angeles
Library and Market Researcher, San Francisco
Environmental/Land Use Associate (San Francisco)
Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell's San Francisco office is seeking an associate with 2-5 years of experience in land use, environmental, natural resource, and mining matters. This Associate will assist our Government, Land Use, Environment and Energy (GLUEE) Department in a wide range of regulatory, administrative, and litigation matters relating to the development of land and natural resources, and in the specific subject matter areas of project development, CEQA and NEPA, public lands/FLPMA and mining, air, water, endangered species, hazardous waste, energy, and Prop 65. Prior experience in environmental and land use law required. Additional experience in mining law preferred. Strong academic record and California Bar membership required. For more information on the Firm's practice please see our Government
, Land Use
Trust and Estate Paralegal (Los Angeles)
JMBM’s Los Angeles office is looking for an experienced trust and estates paralegal to support one of the leading, tax, trust and estate planning practices in California. Direct interaction with clients. Excellent communication, organization and attention to detail a must. Ability to work independently and as an integral member of a team. Proficiency in MS Office applications required. Please send your resume and salary requirements via email to JKrikorian@jmbm.com
Senior Network Engineer (Los Angeles)
JMBM’s Los Angeles office is looking for a talented Senior Network Engineer with the ability to blend technical skills, positive personality, leadership, dedication and responsibility for the daily operations of the Firm. Senior Network Engineers are charged with building and maintaining servers, installing and configuring network appliances and software, planning for and responding to service interruptions. The Senior Network Engineer must understand the use of technology in the practice of law. The Senior Network Engineer must be able to work unscheduled overtime to resolve operational issues and to install and configure systems.
The most important skill for a Senior Network Engineer is troubleshooting and resolving issues frequently under critical time constraints. The Senior Network Engineer must be able to quickly and correctly diagnose and resolve the end user functional issues.
The Senior Network Engineer must perform the duties of the position according to the Firm's policies and procedures and maintain the confidentiality of client and firm matters at all times.
Ability to work independently and as an integral member of a team required. Please send your resume and salary requirements via email to JKrikorian@jmbm.com
Applications Engineer (Los Angeles)
JMBM’s Los Angeles office is looking for a talented Applications Engineer with the ability to blend technical skills, positive personality, dedication and responsibility for the daily operations of the Firm. The Applications engineer is charged with building and maintaining some servers, desktops, laptops; installing supporting desktop applications, planning for and responding to service interruptions. The Applications Engineer must understand the use of technology in the practice of law.
The required skills are knowledge of Enterprise deployment via Microsoft SCCM 2012, master image builds, application development including installation, QA testing, resolving app incompatibilities, application upgrades, Microsoft, Windows, Dell patches/security updates. Responsible for all applications troubleshooting and resolving issues frequently under critical time constraints. The Applications Engineer must be able to quickly and correctly diagnose and resolve the end user functional issues.
The Applications Engineer must perform the duties of the position according to the Firm's policies and procedures and maintain the confidentiality of client and firm matters at all times.
Ability to work independently and as an integral member of a team required.. Please send your resume and salary requirements via email to JKrikorian@jmbm.com
Library and Market Researcher, San Francisco
Provides research services, competitive intelligence and marketing research to lawyers and staff Firmwide. Maintains the San Francisco Office Library. Reports to the Director of Information Resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides a wide variety of in-depth as well as quick reference research services for lawyers and staff utilizing both electronic and print resources Firmwide.
- Monitor the various news sources for articles mentioning the Firm or are of interest to the lawyers.
- Monitor firm’s key industry sectors, clients and prospective clients and related news sources to identify and communicate information about potential opportunities for new work/clients to marketing team and/or relevant attorneys.
- Maintain a high level of understanding of the latest research methods and tools and evaluate the effectiveness of the firm’s current tools and make recommendations for improvement.
- Assist in capturing, analyzing and disseminating Firm litigation/dispute resolution, deal and other substantive experience as appropriate.
- Produces weekly summary of the news articles mentioning the Firm.
- Processes the California complaints that involve the Firm’s clients as defendants.
- Handles all phases of interlibrary loan and document retrieval service in the San Francisco Office.
- Stays current on research technologies by keeping up with professional literature and other appropriate means.
- Bills for time as appropriate.
- Handles day to day maintenance tasks such as processing mail, checking in and routing newsletters, shelving books, etc.
- Ability to deal professionally and possess demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability and commitment to interact effectively with a diverse clientele both internally and externally.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in an organized manner and to prioritize and complete projects rapidly and efficiently, yet thoroughly.
- Demonstrate expertise in legal and corporate research techniques using both print and electronic resources.
- Ability to evaluate websites and electronic research resources from substantive and technical perspectives.
- Demonstrate customer service orientation and proactive creative approach to marketing library and research services.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, often with coworkers in other offices.
- Other duties as required including varied writing and editing assignments.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS required, ALA Master’s Degree preferred, and two years law library experience preferred. Experience with Lexis, Westlaw and other online resources are beneficial.
NOTICE TO SEARCH FIRMS: Upon receipt of submissions, JMBM's fee agreement with search firms shall be provided to recruiting firms for review and approval prior to extending invitations for candidate interviews. If search firms have a candidate that does not fit any Current Opening, please e-mail a descriptive profile of the candidate without identifying the candidate's name or contact information. We will review such submittals to determine if JMBM has an interest in scheduling interviews. Thank you for your recruiting efforts on behalf of JMBM.