California Land Use Blog
- CEQA: Labor unions take on solar power in Adelanto
- CEQA: Court of Appeal supports standard of significance for greenhouse gas impacts
- CEQA: Are time extensions for nonconforming uses exempt from review?
- New Law Allows Mining Operators to Remedy Compliance Issues and Retain AB 3098 List Status
- Clean Water Act Update: EPA and Army Corps Propose Significant Changes to the Definition of "Waters of the United States"
Class Action Defense Blog
- Class Action Defense CasesAmerican Express v. Italian Colors: United States Supreme Court Reverses Second Circuit Refusal To Enforce Class Action Waiver Under Federal Arbitration Act (FAA)
- Class Action Defense CasesBrinker v. Superior Court: California Supreme Court Affirms, Reverses And Remand Class Action Certification Ruling In Labor Law Class Action Clarifying Meal And Rest Break Requirements
- Class Action Defense Cases–KPMG v. Cocchi: Supreme Court Reiterates Requirement That State Courts Follow Concepcion And Enforce Arbitration Agreements Under The Federal Arbitration Act (FAA)
- Richard Watts: "Fables of Fortune: What Rich People Have That You Don't Want"
- Class Action Defense Cases–Ellis v. Costco Wholesale Corp.: Ninth Circuit Vacates And Remands Class Action Certification In Gender Discrimination Labor Law Case
Hotel Law Blog
- Hotel Lawyer to Developers: Looking for EB-5 Financing? The China "Retrogression" means you should act sooner than later!
- Hospitality Lawyer: Why this may be the time to buy or sell a hotel management company
- Asians want to live, buy homes and invest in Orange County
- JMBM announces 25th annual Meet the Money® national hotel finance conference
- Hotel Lawyer with FAQs about EB-5 project financing for new hotel development
Patent Law Blog
- Motion to Dismiss Granted Where Patent Claimed Unpatentable Subject Matter
- IPR Proceedings Filed Eight Months Apart Is Too Long to Permit Joinder
- Motion for Summary Judgment Based on Apple License as Defense Denied Where Apple Products Were Not Used to Satisfy Any Claim Element
- PTAB's Guidelines for Foreign Language Depositions
- Court Rejects Exhibit Lists and Objections That Would "Require a Judge to Shovel Through Steaming Mounds of Objections" and Orders Objections Waived
Investment Law Blog
- Financing Real Estate Projects with EB-5 Funds
- How EB-5 Regional Centers and Sponsors Can Evaluate Broker-Dealer, Investment Company and Investment Adviser Registration Requirements under U.S. Securities Laws Part 2: Securities broker-dealer registration requirements and hiring U.S. and Non-U.S. brokers
- How EB-5 Regional Centers and Sponsors Can Evaluate Broker-Dealer, Investment Company and Investment Adviser Registration Requirements under U.S. Securities Laws Part 1: EB-5 offerings do not fit standard SEC registration requirements
- What is Happening Now in the Market for EB-5 Financing for Hotel, Multi-Family and Mixed Use Real Estate Developments
- A practical guide to compliance with U.S. securities broker-dealer laws for regional centers and project developers using EB-5 financing