California Land Use Blog
- Reversal of Fortune: AB 219 is Back!
- Charter Cities: No Longer an Oasis From CA Prevailing Wage
- New CA Prevailing Wage Law Suspended by Federal Court!
- Another First: CA Prevailing Wage Law Expanded to Cover Material Suppliers
- What Does "Prevailing" Mean, Anyway? And Why Is the Prevailing Wage Rate So High?
Class Action Defense Blog
- Class Action Defense Cases: American Arbitration Association (AAA) Enforces Binding Individual Arbitration While JAMS Allows Plaintiff To Unilaterally Include Dozens Of Employees In Single Arbitration Proceeding (2015)
- Class Action Defense Cases Williams v. Superior Court: California Appellate Court Affirms Trial Court Order Limiting Discovery re Putative Class Members To Store Location Where Plaintiff Worked
- Class Action Defense CasesAmerican Express v. Italian Colors: United States Supreme Court Reverses Second Circuit Refusal To Enforce Class Action Waiver Under Federal Arbitration Act (FAA)
- Class Action Defense CasesBrinker v. Superior Court: California Supreme Court Affirms, Reverses And Remand Class Action Certification Ruling In Labor Law Class Action Clarifying Meal And Rest Break Requirements
- Class Action Defense Cases–KPMG v. Cocchi: Supreme Court Reiterates Requirement That State Courts Follow Concepcion And Enforce Arbitration Agreements Under The Federal Arbitration Act (FAA)
Hotel Law Blog
- Hotel Lawyer: Global Hospitality Group's Brandon Chock Becomes a Partner at JMBM
- ADA Defense Lawyer on hotel mixed use: Tenants not liable for common areas
- Kasikci's Bentley Management opens 2017 with new directions, clients and projects
- EB-5 financing for developers extended. Obama signs "Continuing Resolution"
- GlobeSt.com interviews Jim Butler on Chinese Investment and US Economic Issues
Patent Law Blog
- District Court Orders Production of Attorney-Client Communications Between Opinion Counsel and Trial Counsel Based on Advice of Counsel Defense
- District Court Denies Motion to Withdraw Deemed Admissions
- District Court Denies Motion to Stay Pending Ex Parte Reexamination Where Defendant Did Not Pursue Inter Partes Review
Personal Web v. IBM: IBM's Motion to Compel Documents from Privilege Log Denied Where Motion Was Filed After Discovery Cut-Off
- Plaintiff Cannot Take Back Venue Admission in Patent Infringement Action
Investment Law Blog
- Using the Uniform Transfers to Minors Act for Minor Investors in EB-5 Investment Funds
- The EB-5 Securities Law Roundtable has released its recommendations to clarify and conform EB-5 integrity legislation to existing securities laws.
- Suggested Procedures and Possible Options for Accepting Minors as Investors in EB-5 Investment Funds
- California's New Law Legalizing Payment of Finder's Fees to Unregistered Persons for Securities Offerings
- AILA EB-5 Investors Summit: Representing EB-5 Investors & Regional Centers