Carolyn Meyers is a senior Corporate Paralegal in the Tax and Estate Planning Department, having joined Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP in 2002. Carolyn has approximately 15 years of experience as a Corporate Paralegal. In addition to work within the Tax and Estate Planning Department, Carolyn provides support to the Firm's Corporate and other departments.
Carolyn assists Firm attorneys with the following:
- Formation, merger and dissolution of domestic and foreign corporations, non-profit foundations, limited liability companies and various forms of partnerships; drafts governing documents such as bylaws and operating agreements; prepares and files fictitious business name documents.
- Preparation of annual corporate maintenance for client corporations; drafts shareholder and board of director minutes, officer employment agreements and coordinates annual regulatory filings.
- Assistance with various purchase and sale transactions; drafts corporate resolutions, retrieves, reviews and organizes due diligence documents; conducts legal research; drafts and files grant deeds and miscellaneous regulatory filings.
- Drafts and files various securities filings at federal and state level.
- Preparation of annual gifting documents for estate planning clients; drafts stock, membership and partnership interest assignments; prepares corporate resolutions; transfers stock.
- Responsible for keeping current with Secretary of State revisions and informing Firm attorneys and paralegals of same.