R. Scott BrinkPartner
Scott Brink has over 20 years of experience representing employers in all aspects of labor and employment law. An experienced trial attorney, Scott has litigated a number of high-profile and complex cases involving a wide range of labor and employment law matters.
His practice emphasizes State and Federal employment litigation, with a strong background in California wage and hour class actions, National Labor Relations Board practice and administrative proceedings before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Fair Employment and Housing and the California Department of Labor Standards Enforcement.
Scott counsels and advises employers in all aspects of labor relations and employment law including California wage and hour law, collective bargaining negotiations, wrongful discharge litigation, individual and class action employment discrimination and wage-and-hour claims, sexual-harassment litigation, arbitrations, personnel policies, and employee discipline and discharge. Scott is also well versed in California unfair competition law as it relates to employees and covenants not to compete.
- Lead trial counsel in numerous California employment law cases, including several pending wage-and-hour class actions
- Victory or favorable settlement in all cases for over a decade
- California labor and employment counsel to several Fortune 500 and multinational corporations in manufacturing, retail, hospitality, entertainment and service industries
- Scott has represented several human capital management firms, professional employer organizations, hospitals, medical professionals and medical groups in all aspects of employment law, including day-to-day employment law advice and the successful defense of employment-related claims
J.D., University of Nebraska College of Law, 1988
B.A., Hastings College, 1985
Bar AdmissionsState Bar of California
Awards & Recognition
- Dean's List, Hastings College, 1985
- Allen Moot Court Board, University of Nebraska, 1988
- National Moot Court Team, University of Nebraska, 1988
- Order of the Barristers, University of Nebraska, 1988