Neil C. EricksonPartner
Neil Erickson is a trial lawyer with expertise in a variety of areas. A significant amount of Neil's practice is in trust and estates litigation. Neil also has significant experience with all types of creditor rights, including receiverships and provisional remedies. His practice emphasizes general business and commercial litigation, including matters involving hotels and other real estate, complex financial fraud, construction, intellectual property, probate litigation, corporate and partnership dissolution, financial institutions, securities and entertainment.
Neil has experience in litigating automotive claims for the Firm's automotive manufacturing and distributor clients. He also has experience representing lenders in all facets of lender litigation, including workout enforcement and foreclosure strategies, borrower fraud, enforcement of secured claims and guaranties, judicial and commercial foreclosures, bankruptcy litigation, lender liability defense and insurance claims. Neil has also litigated cases for talent involving contract and royalty disputes.
Neil is also co-general counsel for the Firm.
- Extensive trial, arbitration and mediation experience
- $13 million judgment for federal securities violations, affirmed by the 9th Circuit
- Published California Court of Appeal decisions:
- Ralph Andrews Productions, Inc. v. Writers Guild of America, West, 938 Fed.R.2d 128 (C.D. Cal. 1991)
- Blonder v. Cumberland Engineering, 71 Cal.App.4th 1057 (1999)
- Sea Foods Company Ltd. v. O.M. Foods Company, Ltd., 150 Cal.App.4th 769 (2007)
- Nader Automotive Group, LLC v. New Motor Vehicle Board (Volkswagen of America, Inc. and Audi of America, Inc., real parties in interest), 2009 DJDAR 15867 (2009)
- Ammerman v. Cathleen Callender, at el., 245 Cal.App.4th 1058 (2016)
J.D., University of California, Hastings College of Law, 1982
B.A., Stanford University, 1978
Bar AdmissionsState Bar of California
Member, Association of Business Trial Lawyers
Member, California Receivers Forum
Los Angeles County Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- Received the AV® rating by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Recognized as a "Super Lawyer" in 2007-2017 by Los Angeles Magazine,(Business Edition, 2014)