Neil C. EricksonPartner
Neil Erickson has been practicing litigation for more than 25 years. His practice emphasizes general business and commercial litigation, including matters involving hotels and other real estate, complex financial fraud, construction, intellectual property, probate litigation, corporate and partnership dissolution, financial institutions (with an emphasis on receiverships and other provisional remedies), securities and entertainment.
Neil has experience in litigating automotive claims for the Firm's automotive manufacturing and distributor clients. He also has experience representing lenders in all facets of lender litigation, including workout enforcement and foreclosure strategies, borrower fraud, enforcement of secured claims and guaranties, judicial and commercial foreclosures, bankruptcy litigation, lender liability defense and insurance claims. Neil has also litigated cases for talent involving contract and royalty disputes for the Beach Boys, Ice Cube and others.
Neil also has extensive experience in probate litigation.
- Extensive trial, arbitration and mediation experience
- $13 million judgment for federal securities violations, affirmed by the 9th Circuit
- Published California Court of Appeal decisions involving limitations on arbitration rights and assignment for the benefit of creditors
- Ralph Andrews Productions, Inc. v. Writers Guild of America, West, 938 Fed.R.2d 128 (C.D. Cal. 1991)
- Blonder v. Cumberland Engineering, 71 Cal.App.4th 1057 (1999)
- Sea Foods Company Ltd. v. O.M. Foods Company, Ltd., 150 Cal.App.4th 769 (2007)
- Nader Automotive Group, LLC v. New Motor Vehicle Board (Volkswagen of America, Inc. and Audi of America, Inc., real parties in interest), 2009 DJDAR 15867 (2009)
J.D., University of California, Hastings College of Law, 1982
B.A., Stanford University, 1978
Bar AdmissionsState Bar of California
Member, Association of Business Trial Lawyers
Member, California Receivers Forum
Los Angeles County Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- Received the AV® rating by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Recognized as a "Super Lawyer" in 2007-2013 by Los Angeles Magazine