Michael N. SteuchPartner
Michael Steuch is a business lawyer whose practice emphasizes mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt financings, and outside general counsel work. Michael has extensive experience in counseling a variety of business enterprises from their initial formation and financing through their eventual sale, including the handling of a wide variety of business agreements and corporate governance matters.
Michael has represented companies in closing acquisitions and sales in a number of different industries, including digital media, software, healthcare, clean tech, food and beverage, business services, and consumer products. Michael has also developed expertise in counseling broker-dealers, investment advisers and other providers of financial services in complying with state and federal securities regulations.
Michael has worked on structuring and documenting all aspects of mergers, stock and asset acquisitions, representing both financial and strategic acquirors; preferred stock, convertible debt and 'retail' common equity offerings; partnership and limited liability company operating agreements; executive employment arrangements and incentive compensation programs; and a variety of intellectual property licenses and joint venture arrangements.
- Represented premium home products retailer in $410 million sale and credit card processing business in $120 million sale to public companies
- Represented prominent media company in financings and acquisitions having an aggregate value of more than $150 million
- Represented food products and manufacturing companies in $30 million and $40 million sales to private equity firms
- Represented multiple private equity firms in a series of acquisitions across a variety of industries
- Represented buyers and sellers of broker-dealer, investment adviser and business management firms
- Numerous securities offerings for issuers in the technology, hospitality, consumer retail and other industries, including preferred stock and PIPE financings
- Penske Media Corporation in its acquisition of Variety and related financing for Third Point, LLC
- DTT Surveillance in a leveraged recapitalization with BV Investment Partners
- Verengo, Inc. in a growth equity financing by Angeleno Partners
J.D., University of California Los Angeles, School of Law, 1998
B.B.A. Finance (with High Distinction), University of Iowa, 1995
Bar AdmissionsState Bar of California
Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
Awards & Recognition
- M&A Advisor "40 Under 40" Recognition Awards (2012)
- Recognized as a Southern California "Rising Star" by Los Angeles Magazine — 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- Editor-in-chief, UCLA Entertainment Law Review — 1997-98
- Executive Editor, UCLA Entertainment Law Review — 1996-97