Gregory S. CordreyPartner
Greg focuses his practice on patent litigation as well as civil litigation involving complex technology. He has litigated patent cases throughout the U.S., with extensive experience in the Central and Northern Districts of California, and the Eastern District of Texas. In addition, Greg has practiced before the Federal Circuit and the United States Patent and Trademark Office as a registered patent attorney with experience in patent reexamination proceedings.
Greg also has extensive experience with patent licensing, including successfully negotiating a wide range of license agreements, particularly with Fortune 500 companies, and advising regarding IP strategy.
Greg’s technical expertise lies in the computer (both hardware and software) and aero/mechanical arts. Formerly a flight test engineer with McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing), he has represented clients in the semiconductor and LCDs, medical device, computer, ecommerce, automotive (internal combustion engines), aircraft (avionics and interiors), and consumer products (packaging and paper products) industries.
Greg consistently has been recognized as an authority in IP law.
- Best Lawyers in America, Intellectual Property Law, 2010, 2011
- Super Lawyers, Southern California, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2005, 2006 and 2007
- Semiconductor Energy Laboratory v. Chimei Innolux, et al. (C.D. Cal. 2012) Represent Chimei Innolux, Chi Mei Optoelectronics, Acer, Viewsonic and Vizio in patent litigation relating to the manufacture of liquid crystal displays.
- Sealant Systems Int'l, et al. v. TEK Global S.R.L., et al., (N.D. Cal. 2011) Represent Plaintiffs in patent litigation relating to tire repair kits.
- EMG Technology, LLC v. Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. et al. (E.D. Tex. 2010) Represent EMG in patent litigation relating to, among other things, a simplified navigation system for browsing the Internet on a mobile device.
- Interactive Tracking Solutions, Inc. v. Artafact LLC, (D. Mass. 2010) Represent defendant in patent litigation relating to online focus groups.
- Uniloc USA, Inc., et al. v. Cyberlink.com Corp., et al. (E.D. Tex. 2010) Obtained dismissal with prejudice with no payment from client Diskeeper Corporation in patent litigation relating to software registration and activation.
- Kruse Technology Partnership v. Isuzu Motors Limited, et al. (C.D. Cal. 2010) Represented Isuzu in patent litigation relating internal combustion engines.
- Cardio Access LLP v. Edwards Lifesciences (E.D. Tex. 2009) Represented Edwards Lifesciences in patent litigation relating to various medical devices.
- Continental Datalabel, Inc. v. Avery Dennison Corporation, et al. (N.D. Ill. 2009) Obtained stay of patent claims pending reexamination of patents-in-suit for client Avery Dennison in patent litigation relating to office products.
- The Procter & Gamble Company v. Kraft Foods, Inc. (2008) Represented Procter & Gamble in a multiple lawsuits relating a patented container for ground coffee.
- Kruse Technology Partnership v. Caterpillar Inc. (C.D. Cal. 2008) Represented Caterpillar in patent litigation relating to internal combustion engines.
- Semiconductor Energy Laboratory v. Chi Mei Optoelectronics, et al (N.D. Cal. 2007) Obtained summary judgment of invalidity and noninfringement for Chi Mei in patent litigation relating to the liquid crystal displays manufacture.
J.D., University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, 1997
M.B.A., Pepperdine University, 1992
B.S., Boston University, 1988
Bar AdmissionsState Bar of California
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
American Bar Association, Section on Intellectual Property
American Intellectual Property Law Association
Association of Business Trial Lawyers
Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association
Orange County Patent Law Association
Boston University Engineering Dean's West Coast Alumni Advisory Council