David A. SudeckOf Counsel
David Sudeck is a senior member of JMBM's Global Hospitality Group® and JMBM's real estate department.
David is a seasoned real estate attorney with extensive legal experience involving all types of residential and commercial properties. He represents clients in the purchase and sale, development, construction, financing, leasing, and sale-leaseback of properties, and advises them on their operations, including management and ADA compliance issues. David's practice primarily involves the complex issues associated with hotels, resorts, vacation ownership properties (including clubs, timeshares, fractionals and private residence clubs), restaurants, golf courses and spas. He represents several financial institutions as special counsel relating to their hospitality interests. He advises real estate owners, tenants and management companies with respect to ADA policies and procedures.
David has a pragmatic approach to practicing law, and he adds value through his business experience and legal expertise, his finance, entitlement and development knowledge, and his extensive relationships with investors, lenders, brokers, developers, and service providers.
- Enhanced Note Sale™ involving full-service hotels on behalf of Richfield Hospitality
- Hotel purchase and sale, management agreements and franchise agreements for a number of private equity firms
- ADA compliance policies and procedures for third party hotel management companies, multi-family management companies, national banks and timeshare developers
- Debt restructurings for borrowers, including numerous members of AAHOA
- EB-5 financing structuring, including for the W Hollywood Hotel
- Lender's counsel in connection with loans involving complex hospitality assets, including for HSBC, Wells Fargo, East West Bank, and Los Angeles National Bank
- Club formation and registration/exemption for national RV resort developer and operator
- Timeshare formation and multi-state registration for nation's largest timeshare developer
- Private residence club formation and registration, including Phase 2 of the Franz Klammer Lodge in Mountain Village/Telluride, Colorado
- Condominium and timeshare formation for several luxury Mexican resorts
- Sale-leaseback transaction involving multi-state industrial properties
If you would like to speak to David, please contact him at DSudeck@JMBM.com or 310.201.3518. Also, watch for David's periodic articles under the TIMESHARE topic at www.HotelLawBlog.com.
MRED, University of Southern California, 2003
J.D., University of California Los Angeles, School of Law, 1996
Order of the Coif
B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1993
magna cum laude
Bar AdmissionsState Bar of California, 1996
Senior and Young Leadership Executive Committees, Jewish Federation, Real Estate & Construction Division
Cabinet Member & Member
Jewish Federation, Young Leadership Development Institute, 2007-2008
Member Since: 2007-2008
USC Lusk Real Estate Alumni and Friends
American Resort Development Association (ARDA)