California Land Use Blog
- Government & Land Use Lawyer Daniel F. Freedman Joins Jeffer Mangels in Los Angeles
- Land Use Lawyer: Football in Los Angeles? It's All About The Land.
- California Land Use Lawyer: Will We See CEQA Reform In 2015?
- Residential Development in California: New Density Bonus Law Makes New Affordable Housing Difficult to Build
- Developers of single- and multi-family density bonus projects should submit their applications now
Class Action Defense Blog
- Class Action Defense CasesAmerican Express v. Italian Colors: United States Supreme Court Reverses Second Circuit Refusal To Enforce Class Action Waiver Under Federal Arbitration Act (FAA)
- Class Action Defense CasesBrinker v. Superior Court: California Supreme Court Affirms, Reverses And Remand Class Action Certification Ruling In Labor Law Class Action Clarifying Meal And Rest Break Requirements
- Class Action Defense Cases–KPMG v. Cocchi: Supreme Court Reiterates Requirement That State Courts Follow Concepcion And Enforce Arbitration Agreements Under The Federal Arbitration Act (FAA)
- Richard Watts: "Fables of Fortune: What Rich People Have That You Don't Want"
- Class Action Defense Cases–Ellis v. Costco Wholesale Corp.: Ninth Circuit Vacates And Remands Class Action Certification In Gender Discrimination Labor Law Case
Hotel Law Blog
- Video: Bill Sipple of HVS Capital discusses hospitality market activity and interest rates 2015 Hotel Investment and Finance Opportunities
- Video: Jack Westergom of Manhattan Hospitality Advisors discusses hotel operating agreements and asset management 2015 Hotel Investment and Finance Opportunities
- City of Los Angeles v. Patel US Supreme Court voids LA ordinance requiring hotel operators to turn over guest records on demand
- Video: Vail Brown of STR talks about all-time highs in hotel supply growth, occupancies, and other metrics 2015 Hotel Investment and Finance Opportunities
- Video: Stephen Rushmore, Jr. of HVS talks about hotel values and brand proliferation 2015 Hotel Investment and Finance Opportunities
Patent Law Blog
- District Court Denies Motion to Stay Pending Inter Partes Review as "Toss Up"
- District Court Excludes Plaintiff's Infringement Expert for Conflict of Interest
- District Court Stays Case Pending Petition for Writ Certiorari to the United States Supreme Court
- District Court Strikes "Shotgun Complaint" That Incorporated Allegations by Reference in Each Count
- Smartflash v. Apple: After $500M Verdict, District Court Grants New Trial on Damages Based on Improper Use of Entire Market Value Jury Instruction
Investment Law Blog
- AILA EB-5 Investors Summit: Representing EB-5 Investors & Regional Centers
- EB-5 ALERT: SEC ORDER AGAINST IREECO FOR ACTING AS AN UNREGISTERED BROKER FOR EB-5 INVESTMENT TRANSACTIONS PROVIDES GUIDANCE FOR EB-5 MARKETING ARRANGEMENTS
- EB-5 ALERT: SENATE REAUTHORIZATION WILL REDUCE FINANCING FOR U.S. CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS BY CHANGING THE JOB COUNT REQUIREMENTS
- Hotelier Roadmap to EB-5 Financing for New Hotel Construction, Expansion or Renovation: Ten Steps to a Successful EB-5 Offering
- The Basic Rules of Website Advertising for EB-5 Securities Offerings