California Land Use Blog
- State Agencies Cannot Use State Budgetary Uncertainties to Escape Mitigation Obligations under CEQA
- Government & Land Use Lawyer Daniel F. Freedman Joins Jeffer Mangels in Los Angeles
- Land Use Lawyer: Football in Los Angeles? It's All About The Land.
- California Land Use Lawyer: Will We See CEQA Reform In 2015?
- Residential Development in California: New Density Bonus Law Makes New Affordable Housing Difficult to Build
Class Action Defense Blog
- Class Action Defense Cases: American Arbitration Association (AAA) Enforces Binding Individual Arbitration While JAMS Allows Plaintiff To Unilaterally Include Dozens Of Employees In Single Arbitration Proceeding
- Class Action Defense Cases Williams v. Superior Court: California Appellate Court Affirms Trial Court Order Limiting Discovery re Putative Class Members To Store Location Where Plaintiff Worked
- Class Action Defense CasesAmerican Express v. Italian Colors: United States Supreme Court Reverses Second Circuit Refusal To Enforce Class Action Waiver Under Federal Arbitration Act (FAA)
- Class Action Defense CasesBrinker v. Superior Court: California Supreme Court Affirms, Reverses And Remand Class Action Certification Ruling In Labor Law Class Action Clarifying Meal And Rest Break Requirements
- Class Action Defense Cases–KPMG v. Cocchi: Supreme Court Reiterates Requirement That State Courts Follow Concepcion And Enforce Arbitration Agreements Under The Federal Arbitration Act (FAA)
Hotel Law Blog
- EB-5 legislative update: EB-5 Regional Center Program is extended, Senate bill proposes making program permanent
- Hot Topics for Restaurants: EB-5 and Crowdfunding Investment, Licensing, and Gift Card Programs
- Hotel Lawyer on EB-5 developments? What's happening with EB-5 renewal legislation?
- FCC says blocking FCC-approved Wi-Fi hotspots is "patently illegal" and imposes $750,000 fine on Smart City.
- What every hotel owner (and operator) needs to know about "data security" after the Wyndham Worldwide case
Patent Law Blog
- Even though Defendant filed Disguised Daubert Motion that Court Called "Untimely" and "Lame," the District Court Granted the Motion in Part to Exclude Expert from Opining on Legal Standards
- District Court Excludes 15 Prior Art References Not Disclosed in Invalidity Contentions
- Turf Wars: District Court Permits Expert to Use Replicas of Athletic Fields in Front of Jury
- Court Orders Law Firm and Client Joint and Severally Liable for Part of Attorney's Fee Award After Determination That Case Was Exceptional
- Court Declines to Stay Discovery Pending Motion to Dismiss Under Section 101 Because Court Does Not Believe That There Is an Immediate and Clear Possibility that Motion to Dismiss Will be Granted
Investment Law Blog
- AILA EB-5 Investors Summit: Representing EB-5 Investors & Regional Centers
- EB-5 ALERT: SEC ORDER AGAINST IREECO FOR ACTING AS AN UNREGISTERED BROKER FOR EB-5 INVESTMENT TRANSACTIONS PROVIDES GUIDANCE FOR EB-5 MARKETING ARRANGEMENTS
- EB-5 ALERT: SENATE REAUTHORIZATION WILL REDUCE FINANCING FOR U.S. CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS BY CHANGING THE JOB COUNT REQUIREMENTS
- Hotelier Roadmap to EB-5 Financing for New Hotel Construction, Expansion or Renovation: Ten Steps to a Successful EB-5 Offering
- The Basic Rules of Website Advertising for EB-5 Securities Offerings