Simon Leefatt is a business lawyer who counsels clients on a wide range of transactions including mergers, stock and asset acquisitions (buy-side and sell-side), equity and debt fundraising, joint ventures, commercial lending, intellectual property, technology transactions and venture capital investments. Simon also acts as external general counsel to middle-market companies, and in such capacity he advises and directly reports to C-suite executives and other senior leadership on a broad range of legal matters including regulatory compliance, corporate governance, risk mitigation, and commercial contract negotiations.
Simon has experience advising public and private company clients in various industries, including consumer goods, retail, information security, healthcare, media, entertainment, education services and technology (including distributed ledger and blockchain technologies).
- Represented consumer products company in its acquisition of a luxury speakers manufacturer.
- Represented a heating equipment manufacturer in a sale to a publicly traded company.
- Represented a private educational institution in the acquisition of a for-profit college.
- Represented an enterprise information management software company in its strategic acquisitions of cloud-based software and electronic discovery technology companies.
- Represented a management consulting company in its strategic acquisitions of cyber defense and information technology companies.
- Represented a distributed ledger technology platform start-up in multiple rounds of equity financing.
- Represented an investment banking company in connection with the spin-off of its strategic investments online platform business.
- Represented investment banks in connection with their investment in a risk management software start-up company.
- Represented an energy company in its negotiation of a $110 million senior credit facility.
J.D., Howard University School of Law, 2015
MMS, Duke University, 2010
B.S., Duke University, 2009