Ryan Alexander is a corporate lawyer who provides thoughtful advice and execution for business clients in all types of business transactions, including exits, securities offerings, strategic partnerships and restructurings, as well as serving clients as an outside general counsel. He appreciates the satisfaction gained by obtaining results and serves his clients’ business interests by leveraging his experience for maximum efficiency.
Along with corporate transactions, Ryan serves clients in many industries, including automotive, consumer products, e-commerce, healthcare, oil and gas, private equity, and telecommunications in all aspects of their businesses, including corporate governance, commercial relationships, financing and regulatory compliance. Leveraging in-house experience, he marries business challenges and expectations with the best use of legal counsel for these clients. Ryan believes legal services facilitate business success through timely execution, responsiveness, and anticipating a client's challenges and opportunities.
With strong industry knowledge in technology, software, professional services, and international trade, Ryan represents buyers and sellers of businesses and assets from many different industries in merger and acquisition transactions. He supports the expansion and growth of U.S. business operations worldwide and expanded growth and operations of foreign-owned businesses within the United States.
Ryan advises and supports his clients with prompt, precise, and efficient counsel. He values developing close, long-term relationships with clients who solicit his advice and ask him to coordinate resolutions of complex matters with other members of his firm. He aims to bring the highest quality and best value counsel into each situation for maximum client benefit. Ryan supports good business and good results.Experience
- Represented a publicly traded U.S. company in the acquisition of a consumer products company.
- Represented an audio technology company in its sale to a publicly-traded company.
- Assisted with the restructuring of the investment structure of multiple portfolio companies on behalf of a Los Angeles-based private equity firm.
- Represented an automotive components supplier with an $85 million equity financing.
- Represented a manufacturing business in the sale to a foreign buyer.
- Advised several private equity groups and family offices on internal structure and process in purchase transaction of multiple target acquisitions.
- Restructured a large private business in connection with an ownership transition and ongoing control matters.
- Represented a SaaS company in connection with over $25 million in equity and debt financings and licensing transactions.
- Represented an aviation logistics company in connection with a $100 million equity financing.
- Represented venture capital funds in various equity investment and related commercial transactions.
- Represents an internet services company in connection with its equity and debt financings, acquisitions and licensing requirements.
- Represented an enterprise SaaS company in its sale to a European software company.
- Represented telecommunications company in its equity, debt and project financings.
- Represented a Texas-based oilfield services company in its sale to a private equity group.
- Represented non-U.S. company in the acquisition of U.S. retail business.
- Has been involved in international transactions including Asia, Europe and South America.
- Represented various borrowers in commercial lending transactions.
- Assisted numerous startup technology companies regarding corporate governance and capital raising.
J.D./LL.M., The John Marshall Law School, Intellectual Property Law
B.S., Midwestern State University
United States Patent & Trademark Office, 2005
Association for Corporate Growth, Los Angeles Chapter
Los Angeles County Bar Association, Business Law Section, Executive Committee
USC Gould School of Law Institute for Corporate Counsel, Advisory Board