Louise Ann FernandezPartner, Chair, Labor & Employment Department
Louise Ann Fernandez, whose practice has spanned more than 25 years, is chairperson of the Labor & Employment Group, is co-chair of the Appellate Practice Group, and is a member of the Firm's Global Hospitality Group and Family Office Group. She has been recognized twice by the Daily Journal as one of the top Labor & Employment Attorneys in California (2010, 2013).
Louise Ann's practice emphasizes labor relations and employment counseling, employment litigation, sexual harassment and other employment discrimination, wrongful termination, wage and hour and other class actions and unfair competition laws for companies and their owners.
Louise Ann also counsels and advises employers in all aspects of employment relations, including employee discipline, affirmative action trade secrets issues, and wage and hour issues. During her career, she has acted as chief trial counsel in numerous employment cases in both State and Federal courts. She has briefed and argued dozens of labor law appeals in both the state and federal courts including a hearing en banc before the 9th Circuit Court of Appeal.
- Lead trial attorney in numerous employment, trade secret, and wage and hour cases on behalf of employers throughout California
- National Labor Relations Board, Los Angeles, Trial Attorney (litigation of unfair labor practices and representation of cases for the National Labor Relations Board)
- Successfully defended employers in the entertainment, manufacturing, consulting and banking industries in sexual harassment, employment discrimination and other employment claims in both state and federal courts
J.D., George Washington University Law School, 1978
B.A., Stanford University, 1975
Bar AdmissionsState Bar of California
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, State Bar of California (Executive Committee, 1987-1989)
Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association
American Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- Named as a "Super Lawyer," by Los Angeles Magazine in 2004 through 2013
- Listed in Super Lawyers as one of "The Top Women Attorneys in Southern California," 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review, AV Rating
- Named by the Daily Journal as one of California Top Labor & Employment Lawyers, 2010, 2013