Edward S. GrenvillePartner
- Represented a UK bank in the acquisition of various equipment portfolios in the U.S.
- Represented public company in the termination of leveraged leases, equipment sale leaseback transactions, and various other financings of transportation equipment.
- Represented European multinational in tax, bankruptcy, and corporate matters relating to a refinancing of various plants in the US.
- Represented a private equity fund in the acquisition of a portfolio of intermodal shipping containers and structured the management arrangements for the assets.
- Represented one of the leading US independent valuation firms in connection with hedge fund and private equity fund illiquid investments.
- Represented a leading private equity fund in chassis transportation financing matters.
- Represented a bank in providing a debt facility to an equipment finance company.
- Represented bank in providing $50 million revolving credit facility.
- Represented a leading leasing company in $60 million and $30 million intermodal container equipment lease and financing transactions.
- Represented a leasing company in a $15 million secured lending and intermodal container equipment leasing transaction.
- Represented a Fortune 50 financial institution in syndicating equipment leasing transactions to foreign banks.
- Represented a foreign bank in a residual value guarantee secured financing transaction.
- Represented one of the largest equipment lessors in connection with various issues related to a financing secured by its equipment leasing portfolio, including hiring local counsel to perfect security interests in various foreign countries.
- Advised leading equipment lessor on sales and use tax issues relating to securitization.
- Advised leasing companies and other financial institutions on compliance with US homeland security laws.
- Represented a leasing company in an intermodal container sale leaseback transaction with a German bank.
- Represented a German bank in the acquisition of a portfolio of loans in the United States.
- Represented incubator for British companies starting operations in the US.
- Represented a US bank in providing a $100 million term loan facility and $50 million revolving loan facility.
- Represented a UK bank in provision of a warehouse lending facility
- Represented an international bank in factoring receivables in a trade finance transaction.
- Represented a sports company in startup and early round financing matters.
- Represented a media company in startup matters and establishing its initial presence in the US.
- Represented a private European company in restructuring its inter-affiliate management arrangements.
- Represented a Canadian company in connection with an acquisition in the US.
- Represented a middle market manufacturing company in the sale of its stock to a strategic acquirer
- Represented an equipment leasing company in the sale of its assets to a strategic acquirer
- Represented a services company in the sale of its assets to a foreign strategic acquirer
- Represented a private equity fund in a financing of manufacturing equipment
- Represented a sports company in a minority private equity investment
J.D., University of San Francisco, 1990
B.A., M.A., University of Oxford, 1985
Bar AdmissionsState Bar of California
US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
State Bar of California, Business Law and International Law sections
American Bar Association, Business Law and International Law sections
Board member, British American Business Council, Northern California Chapter
Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), San Francisco Chapter