Dennis J. WhitePartner
As a member of the Corporate Department, Dennis White has developed his corporate, real estate and finance transactional practice over a period of more than 20 years. Dennis specializes in representing lenders in real estate construction, acquisition, and development loans.
Dennis has a variety of experience with asset-based lending, tax-exempt bond financing and other secured lending, and represents both lenders and borrowers in workouts and loan restructures. He has extensive experience with hotel construction lending, including syndicated hotel construction loans.
Additionally, Dennis's practice includes purchases and sales, commercial leases, and easement matters. Based on his extensive banking and real estate experience, he consistently delivers exceptional service to his clients.
- Represented, as lead counsel, the Administrative Agent and Arranger in connection with the following syndicated loans (1998-2005): a $42 million construction loan for a luxury hotel in Santa Monica, California; a $40 million construction loan for a four-star resort hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona; a $44 million construction loan for an apartment complex in Fremont, California; phased construction loans totaling $63 million for a two-phase multifamily project in Santa Clarita, California; a $101 million senior construction loan for a resort hotel in Tucson, Arizona; a $75 million servicer A-B construction loan for a convention center hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada; a $30 million term loan for a hotel in Garden Grove, California; a $30 million senior construction loan for a mixed-use condominium and historic tax credit project in Kansas City, Missouri; a $13.5 million mezzanine and $29 million senior mortgage loan for a luxury hotel in Arizona; and a $56 million term loan refinance for a shopping center in Oregon
- Represented the loan servicer in a note-splitting transaction pertaining to a securitized loan secured by several convenience store/gas stations in California
- Represented, as lead counsel, a major bank in connection with the following loans (1995-2001): a $65 million construction loan for a four-star hotel in Carlsbad, California; a $40 million acquisition and rehabilitation loan for an office park in Cupertino, California; a $24 million construction loan for an historic hotel rehabilitation in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; and a $24 million construction loan for a boutique hotel in Cupertino, California
- Served as special counsel for a major bank in connection with the following syndicated loans (1992-2002): as a co-lead bank participation in a five-bank, $108.5 million construction loan to a bankrupt borrower, and repayment of the loan through proceeds of tax-exempt redevelopment bonds partially enhanced by the bank's letter of credit; and as Administrative Agent for a $72 million construction loan for a mixed-use development in Denver, Colorado
- Represented a Swedish conglomerate in various California investments, including a $30 million industrial land acquisition in West Sacramento, a downtown Sacramento office property development and an agricultural processing venture (1990s)
- Represented the lender in a workout settlement and deed-in-lieu transfer of a $44 million multi-use downtown San Francisco office building (2001)
- Represented the lender in a $5 million commercial loan for a medical services group, involving a medical accounts receivable financing and revolver
LL.M., New York University School of Law, 1975
J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law, 1974
B.A., Stanford University, 1967
Bar AdmissionsState Bar of California
American Bar Association - Business Law and Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Sections
State Bar of California - Business Law and Real Property Law Sections
Vice Chairman, Fair Campaign Practices Commission, City of Berkeley, California
Former Governor, California Trout, Inc.
Lt. (jg), U.S. Coast Guard, 1967-70
Awards & Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review, AV Rating
- Northern California "Super Lawyer," Real Estate, 2004, 2006, 2008-2014, (Business Edition, 2014)