California Land Use Blog
- New Law Allows Mining Operators to Remedy Compliance Issues and Retain AB 3098 List Status
- Clean Water Act Update: EPA and Army Corps Propose Significant Changes to the Definition of "Waters of the United States"
- Bowman v. California Coastal Commission: New California Court of Appeal Decision Holds that a Collateral Attack is no Substitute for Challenging a Condition Imposed upon the Issuance of a Quasi-Judicial Permit through a Direct Appeal
- Property Reserve, Inc. v. Superior Court: California Property Owners Secure Victory in New Eminent Domain Opinion
- SB 1270 Proposes Significant California Mining Reform
Class Action Defense Blog
- Class Action Defense CasesAmerican Express v. Italian Colors: United States Supreme Court Reverses Second Circuit Refusal To Enforce Class Action Waiver Under Federal Arbitration Act (FAA)
- Class Action Defense CasesBrinker v. Superior Court: California Supreme Court Affirms, Reverses And Remand Class Action Certification Ruling In Labor Law Class Action Clarifying Meal And Rest Break Requirements
- Class Action Defense Cases–KPMG v. Cocchi: Supreme Court Reiterates Requirement That State Courts Follow Concepcion And Enforce Arbitration Agreements Under The Federal Arbitration Act (FAA)
- Richard Watts: "Fables of Fortune: What Rich People Have That You Don't Want"
- Class Action Defense Cases–Ellis v. Costco Wholesale Corp.: Ninth Circuit Vacates And Remands Class Action Certification In Gender Discrimination Labor Law Case
Hotel Law Blog
- Hotel Lawyer in Los Angeles: Why does it seem like everyone wants to build or buy a hotel in downtown LA? It's the "Renaissance of DTLA," silly!
- Hotel Management Agreement & Franchise Agreement Handbook 3rd edition is released for free download
- The importance of Comfort Letters in financing franchised hotels
- Meet the Money® National Hotel Finance and Investment Conference will focus on hotel development and deals
- Should your hotel be managed by an operator of independent hotels?
Patent Law Blog
- Carnegie Mellon v. Marvell: District Court Declines to Liquidate Ongoing Royalties into Final Judgment
- Andrulis v. Celgene: District Court Dismisses Undivided Direct Infringement Claim But Permits Joint Direct Infringement Claim to Proceed
- Motion to Dismiss Granted Where Patent Infringement Complaint Alleged Joint Infringement But Failed to Allege Direction and Control
- Declaratory Judgment Action Dismissed for Lack of Personal Jurisdiction Where Contacts in Jurisdiction Occurred Before, and Were Unrelated to, Patent-in-Suit
- Misstatements on Application for In Forma Pauperis Status Results in Dismissal of Patent Infringement Action with Prejudice