California Land Use Blog
- Downtown Los Angeles Real Estate is Taking Off
- California Oil and Gas Update: In-depth look at the California BLM's fracking decision
- CEQA: Labor unions take on solar power in Adelanto
- CEQA: Court of Appeal supports standard of significance for greenhouse gas impacts
- CEQA: Are time extensions for nonconforming uses exempt from review?
Class Action Defense Blog
- Class Action Defense CasesAmerican Express v. Italian Colors: United States Supreme Court Reverses Second Circuit Refusal To Enforce Class Action Waiver Under Federal Arbitration Act (FAA)
- Class Action Defense CasesBrinker v. Superior Court: California Supreme Court Affirms, Reverses And Remand Class Action Certification Ruling In Labor Law Class Action Clarifying Meal And Rest Break Requirements
- Class Action Defense Cases–KPMG v. Cocchi: Supreme Court Reiterates Requirement That State Courts Follow Concepcion And Enforce Arbitration Agreements Under The Federal Arbitration Act (FAA)
- Richard Watts: "Fables of Fortune: What Rich People Have That You Don't Want"
- Class Action Defense Cases–Ellis v. Costco Wholesale Corp.: Ninth Circuit Vacates And Remands Class Action Certification In Gender Discrimination Labor Law Case
Hotel Law Blog
- Los Angeles is the new magnet for real estate investment
- Marriott signs FCC Consent Decree and agrees to pay $600,000 civil penalty for Wi-Fi blocking
- Hotel Lawyer: How will the new 11th edition of the Uniform System affect your hotel management agreement or franchise agreement?
- ADA Compliance & Defense Lawyer: FAQs on "service animal" requirements of the ADA. What every hotelier needs to know. Why Uber was sued over service animals.
- Hotel Lawyer to Developers: Looking for EB-5 Financing? The China "Retrogression" means you should act sooner than later!
Patent Law Blog
- The PTAB Authorizes the Patent Owner to File Its Motion for Leave to Take Discovery of General Electric on Possible Privity with a Customer-Defendant
- District Court Precludes Admission of Inter Partes Review Proceedings in Front of Jury But Permits Consideration as part of Willfulness Determination
- PTAB Requires the Patent Owner to Attend Oral Argument
- Fujitsu v. Tellabs: The District Court Orders Additional Sanctions for Fujitsu's Continued "Contemptuous Conduct"
- The PTAB Warns Attorney That Speaking Objections May Warrant Exclusion of Expert's Testimony
Investment Law Blog
- How EB-5 Regional Centers and Sponsors Can Evaluate Broker-Dealer, Investment Company and Investment Adviser Registration Requirements under U.S. Securities Laws Part 3 Investment Company Act requirements
- Financing Real Estate Projects with EB-5 Funds
- How EB-5 Regional Centers and Sponsors Can Evaluate Broker-Dealer, Investment Company and Investment Adviser Registration Requirements under U.S. Securities Laws Part 2: Securities broker-dealer registration requirements and hiring U.S. and Non-U.S. brokers
- How EB-5 Regional Centers and Sponsors Can Evaluate Broker-Dealer, Investment Company and Investment Adviser Registration Requirements under U.S. Securities Laws Part 1: EB-5 offerings do not fit standard SEC registration requirements
- What is Happening Now in the Market for EB-5 Financing for Hotel, Multi-Family and Mixed Use Real Estate Developments