California Land Use Blog
- Charter Cities: No Longer an Oasis From CA Prevailing Wage
- NEW CA PREVAILING WAGE LAW SUSPENDED BY FEDERAL COURT!
- Another First: CA Prevailing Wage Law Expanded to Cover Material Suppliers
- What Does "Prevailing" Mean, Anyway? And Why Is the Prevailing Wage Rate So High?
- California Prevailing Wage: Five Traps to Avoid
Class Action Defense Blog
- Class Action Defense Cases: American Arbitration Association (AAA) Enforces Binding Individual Arbitration While JAMS Allows Plaintiff To Unilaterally Include Dozens Of Employees In Single Arbitration Proceeding (2015)
- Class Action Defense Cases Williams v. Superior Court: California Appellate Court Affirms Trial Court Order Limiting Discovery re Putative Class Members To Store Location Where Plaintiff Worked
- Class Action Defense CasesAmerican Express v. Italian Colors: United States Supreme Court Reverses Second Circuit Refusal To Enforce Class Action Waiver Under Federal Arbitration Act (FAA)
- Class Action Defense CasesBrinker v. Superior Court: California Supreme Court Affirms, Reverses And Remand Class Action Certification Ruling In Labor Law Class Action Clarifying Meal And Rest Break Requirements
- Class Action Defense Cases–KPMG v. Cocchi: Supreme Court Reiterates Requirement That State Courts Follow Concepcion And Enforce Arbitration Agreements Under The Federal Arbitration Act (FAA)
Hotel Law Blog
- Hotel Lawyer: How the Marriott-Starwood merger will affect you. . .
- Hotel Lawyer: The PROs and CONs of multi-branded hotels
- Hotel Capital Markets Update: David Loeb, RW Baird
- ADA Compliance & Defense Lawyer: Court hits Uber and Lyft for ADA Violations
- Hotel Lawyer in Phoenix: Hotel Industry Analysis
Patent Law Blog
- District Court Denies Motion for Preliminary Injunction Where the Plaintiff Did Not Show Specific Facts of Lost Sales or Injury to Goodwill
- District Court Orders Modification of Protective Order to Allow Plaintiff to Use Defendant's Confidential Information in Opposing Inter Partes Review ("IPR")
- District Court Orders Production of Past Testing from Prior Litigations Despite Confidentiality of Third Parties
- District Court Grants Motion to Compel Responses to Interrogatories Even Though Interrogatories Contained Discrete Subpart Where There was only One Accused Product
- District Court Orders Additional Deposition of Defendant after Witness Changed Numerous Deposition Answers in Errata
Investment Law Blog
- Using the Uniform Transfers to Minors Act for Minor Investors in EB-5 Investment Funds
- The EB-5 Securities Law Roundtable has released its recommendations to clarify and conform EB-5 integrity legislation to existing securities laws.
- Suggested Procedures and Possible Options for Accepting Minors as Investors in EB-5 Investment Funds
- California's New Law Legalizing Payment of Finder's Fees to Unregistered Persons for Securities Offerings
- AILA EB-5 Investors Summit: Representing EB-5 Investors & Regional Centers