California Land Use Blog
Class Action Defense Blog
- Look Before You Leap: Practical Considerations Regarding Class Action Waivers in Arbitration Agreements
- Class Action Defense Cases: American Arbitration Association (AAA) Enforces Binding Individual Arbitration While JAMS Allows Plaintiff To Unilaterally Include Dozens Of Employees In Single Arbitration Proceeding (2015)
- Class Action Defense Cases Williams v. Superior Court: California Appellate Court Affirms Trial Court Order Limiting Discovery re Putative Class Members To Store Location Where Plaintiff Worked
- Class Action Defense CasesAmerican Express v. Italian Colors: United States Supreme Court Reverses Second Circuit Refusal To Enforce Class Action Waiver Under Federal Arbitration Act (FAA)
- Class Action Defense CasesBrinker v. Superior Court: California Supreme Court Affirms, Reverses And Remand Class Action Certification Ruling In Labor Law Class Action Clarifying Meal And Rest Break Requirements
Hotel Law Blog
- JMBM's 27th Annual Meet the Money® National Hotel Finance and Investment Conference
- ADA Defense Lawyer: Judge dismisses ADA website lawsuit
- Hotel Lawyer: What's happening with EB-5 financing for new development projects? Is it still available?
- Hotel Lawyer: Where is the hospitality industry headed in 2017?
- Hotel Cybersecurity: What can happen when hackers strike?
Natural Resources & Mining Law Blog
Patent Law Blog
- District Court Orders Search of Inventors Emails and Finds That Discovery Is Proportional to Needs of Case Because Search Terms Would Be Used
- Unwired v. Apple: District Court Sanctions Unwired for Failing to Produce Supplemental Information after Remand
- District Court Granted Voluntary Motion to Dismiss Against Named Defendant But Disallowed Reservation of Rights as to Unnamed Third Parties
- District Court Denies Motion for Exceptional Case and for Attorney's Fees after Trial
- District Court Denies Ex Parte Motion to Compel Third Party to Produce Documents Where Plaintiff Waited too Long to File Motion
Investment Law Blog
- Standards and Guidelines for Redeployment of EB-5 Investment Funds A White Paper
- What to do if you suspect your EB-5 project is in trouble
- Using the Uniform Transfers to Minors Act for Minor Investors in EB-5 Investment Funds
- The EB-5 Securities Law Roundtable has released its recommendations to clarify and conform EB-5 integrity legislation to existing securities laws.
- Suggested Procedures and Possible Options for Accepting Minors as Investors in EB-5 Investment Funds
Cybersecurity Lawyer Forum
- Cybersecurity Lawyer Beyond Tabletop Exercises: Running a Data Breach Drill
- Cybersecurity Programs and the FTC Staying out of Harm's Way
- Professional Service Firms Ignore Cybersecurity at Their Peril
- Engaging Cybersecurity Counsel Early It's the Right Choice
- Cybersecurity and Ransomware It can get ugly when a hacker takes control of your smart building